Guardian Industries Rewards Hard-Working Students
Auburn Hills, Michigan – June 26, 2017 – Guardian Industries and its U.S. subsidiaries eased some college planning worries for students throughout the U.S. by recognizing their hard work and academic achievement with scholarship dollars through the Guardian Industries Educational Foundation (GIEF). Winners represent all of Guardian’s businesses, including Guardian Glass, SRG Global and Guardian Building Products, as well as the corporate office.
“We believe a good education helps set a solid foundation for opportunity and future success,” says Ron Vaupel, president and CEO, Guardian Industries Corp. “Our scholarship winners have worked very hard to have the opportunity to continue their education and we are pleased that we can play a role in helping them achieve their goals.”
The late William Davidson, former president and CEO of Guardian Industries Corp., established the Guardian scholarship program to encourage and assist children of Guardian employees in their pursuit of higher education. The scholarships pay up to $4,000 a year and are renewable for up to three years for a total award of $16,000.
GIEF selected the winners based on recommendations by International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc., an independent service organization. Applicants were evaluated based on high school or college academic record, extracurricular activities, leadership quality and the SAT and ACT scores of the applicant.
Since 1986, when the foundation began awarding scholarships, over 1200 students have received more than $15 million in funds.
Guardian Educational Scholarship Winners for the 2017-2018 Academic School Year:
- Charlotte Arndt: Richburg, S.C.; Guardian Glass
- Abigail Balongie: Auburn Hills, Mich.; Guardian Industries Corp.
- Mark Bassett: Geneva, N.Y.; Guardian Glass
- Brooke Beach: Upper Sandusky, Ohio; Guardian Glass
- Emily Brown: Portageville, Mo.; SRG Global
- Aryn Copeland: Upper Sandusky, Ohio; Guardian Glass
- Beta DeFlorian: Greer, S.C.; Guardian Building Products
- John Dolan: Auburn Hills, Mich.; Guardian Industries Corp.
- Harrison Feerst: Kingsburg, Calif.; Guardian Glass
- Daniela Foley: Carleton, Mich.; Guardian Glass
- Elizabeth Jahn: DeWitt, Iowa; Guardian Glass
- Kaylee Moore: Galax, Va.; Guardian Glass
- Kelsey Odom: Evansville, Ind.; SRG Global
- Chase Pirolli: Carleton, Mich.; Guardian Glass
- Tia Spears: Portageville, Mo.; SRG Global
- Allyson Taylor: Auburn Hills, Mich.; Guardian Industries Corp.
- Audra Tebbe: DeWitt, Iowa; Guardian Glass
- Taylor Whitehead: Farmington, Mo.; SRG Global
About Guardian Industries Corp.
Based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Guardian Industries is a diversified, global company with a vision to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian companies employ 17,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian Glass is a leading international manufacturer of float, value‐added coated, and fabricated glass products and solutions for architectural, residential, interior, transportation and technical glass applications. SRG Global is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of advanced, high‐value coatings on plastics for the automotive and commercial truck industries, providing solutions for greater surface durability, structural integrity, functionality, vehicle efficiency and design flexibility. Guardian Building Products is a leading U.S. based distributor of specialty building products. For more information, visit www.guardian.com.