Integrate IG Units into your existing design to simplify your process
Ordering insulating glass (IG) units from Guardian Glass can be described with one word — straightforward. Integrate our IG units into your existing design. Connect your IT system to ours to order thousands of unique parts automatically. Get them sequenced and sorted, as if you made them yourself. We control the process from sand to complete insulating glass (IG) unit, made with Guardian float glass, coatings, safety glass, and the spacer of your choice.
By sourcing IG production to Guardian, customers gain peace of mind and a renewed focus on their core business.
Why Partner with Guardian?
- State of the art & automated equipment producing high quality products
- Multiple spacer options, including our proprietary Align spacer system
- Full sequencing capability
To achieve a seamless alignment with IG customers, Guardian has invested heavily in process development, proprietary equipment, and technology. This investment comes through at every stage of our customer relationships.
- Modeling: Analytical and modeling capabilities to help customers find the right combination of glass, coatings and spacers to meet their needs
- Ordering: Electronic order integration allows for a seamless and efficient ordering process
- Quality: Allows for a seamless and efficient ordering process to meet the needs of the window industry’s most stringent customers
- Delivering: Short lead times and excellent on-time performance
- Sequencing: Full custom sequencing and sorting capability to match our customers’ production process
3 Key Components of Guardian Insulating Glass
Guardian Float Glass & Low-E Coatings
As one of the world’s most prolific glass producers, Guardian IG units start with Guardian low-E coatings on Guardian float glass. Our science and technology center is continuously developing new coatings to meet code and design preferences.
Guardian Safety Glass
Guardian offers high volume and sequenced, made-to-order tempered and laminated glass in our insulated units that exceeds industry quality standards. All facilities are SGCC® - certified.
Array of Spacer Options
Guardian offers IG units with 4 spacer options — the Guardian Align™ spacer system, Quanex Super Spacer®, Duralite® and Duraseal® spacers.
Insulating Glass with Guardian Align™ Spacers
IG units made with Guardian Align spacers deliver performance for your customers – and performance for you. The proprietary warm edge spacer design offers thermal insulation approaching a foam spacer and best-in-class durability. The result of extensive research and development, Guardian Align spacer is built for reliability with:
- Guardian float and low-E glass options to meet code and design needs
- Ultra-thin, low conductivity corrugated stainless steel construction
- 90° corners with a hermetic 4th corner joint
- High-strength, low conductivity polyisobutyl (PIB) primary sealant with extra-long diffusion path
- High-modulus, commercial-grade silicone secondary sealant
Lasting Performance with a 20-Year Spacer Warranty
Seal failures can hurt your business in several ways — replacement costs, damage to your brand and distracting your team from revenue-generating activities. You want IG units that are durably made by a company that you trust. IG units with Guardian Align that were subjected to ASTM E2190 testing withstood more than five rounds and conquered the more rigorous P-1 test. Backed by a comprehensive 20-year warranty, customers who use Align spacers get peace-of-mind with extremely low failure rate.
Guardian’s facility in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, makes Guardian insulating glass with the Align spacer. The facility has automated and manual lines capable of producing standard IG units as well as shapes. Among Guardian in Sun Prairie’s capabilities:
- Comprehensive options, including full grid, capillary breather tubes, and the ability to produce oversized units
- Tempering assets capable of producing residential IG units at commercial standards
- A highly automated production process, delivering output that meets the needs of the most stringent customers
- Custom sequencing and sorting capability to match our customers’ production process
Complete Insulating Solutions
Guardian Glass offers automated and manual manufacturing lines to produce standard IG units as well as shapes. Each IG facility has tempering capabilities, as well as laminating capabilities, to deliver IG units with safety glazing.