Impress at first sight
Guardian Glass has a long history of manufacturing jumbo coated glass around the world. Our newest jumbo coater in North America helps glass accomplish everything standard glass does best—on a larger scale. Go jumbo to redefine the possibilities of construction, dissolve the boundaries to connection indoors and out, energize and enlighten interiors with natural light, and impress at first sight with larger than life designs. Plus, you can pair jumbo glass sizes with your favorite Guardian SunGuard® coatings for the performance you want and need.
Enjoy the view
Where standard glass lites are around 102" by 144", Guardian jumbo float glass is 130" by 204".
Blend light and energy efficiency on a grand scale with Guardian jumbo glass. Jumbo glass can be paired with Guardian SunGuard® low-E coatings for excellent performance.
Access aesthetics for any vision. Jumbo glass can be bent, laminated and coated with tinted and low-iron substrates to provide views that are beautiful, safe and energy efficient.
Redefine the possibilities of construction
When specifying oversize glass, there are some technical considerations to keep in mind. As glass gets bigger, more surface area is exposed to outdoor elements. Heat-treated glass is recommended to help increase strength and resistance to wind loads and help reduce the risk of thermal breakage.
- Glass thicker than a standard quarter inch (6mm) may be recommended to help keep secure within the frame, prevent edge pull out and maintain glass deflection.
- Movement of the oversize IG unit can add stress to the IG seal. A wider than standard sealant bite may be needed for larger sizes.
- Please confirm that the finished IG units can be fabricated by the Guardian Select Fabricator for your project.
Details about Guardian SunGuard products that will be available in jumbo sizes:
- Products that are currently available are SunGuard SuperNeutral 68, SunGuard SNX 62/27 and SunGuard SNX 51/23. Addional low-E coatings will be added soon
- Available in 6mm, 8mm, and 10mm
- Standard jumbo 130" x 204", oversize jumbo 130" x 240"
- Available on Clear, Gray, Green, Guardian UltraClear™ low-iron, Guardian CrystalGray® and Guardian CrystalBlue™ float glass substrates
Our float glass is the building block for all types of uses. Clear and distortion free, Guardian float glass is offered in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses to suit any flat glass application. It is prized for its high light transmission, optical clarity and ability to be fabricated to meet custom performance and aesthetic needs. It can be tempered, laminated, painted, coated, silvered to produce mirrors and much more.
Low-iron glass that is noticeable clearer than standard glass, so what people see is up to you
High quality float glass for use in a wide range of applications
Blue-tinted float glass for high light transmission and energy performance
Light-transmitting, light-gray float glass with improved solar control
Gray-tinted float glass to improve solar control and provide additional aesthetic appeal
Green-tinted float glass to enhance energy savings