Our future is only as strong as our culture
At Guardian Glass, we know that why and how we do something is just as important as what we do. Making glass is our job, but our passion is to create value as a global leader through collaboration and discovery. In our pursuit of innovation and the transformation of glass, we hope to help transform the world as well.
To achieve this, Guardian Glass applies Market-Based Management® (MBM®) as the engine that powers us. Market-Based Management is a way for organizations to succeed long term by helping others improve their lives. It is the business philosophy and framework that we apply to innovate, improve and transform ourselves in order to create greater value and find fulfillment. Our MBM Guiding Principles are who we are as a company and they guide everything we do.
Market-Based Management® (MBM®) is the engine that powers the Guardian Industries family of companies. MBM is an holistic approach to management that integrates theory and practice and prepares organizations to deal successfully with the challenges of growth and change.
The theory of MBM is rooted in five dimensions:
- Vision: Determining where and how the organizaiton can create the greatest long-term value.
- Virtue and Talents: Helping ensure that people with the right values, skills and capabilities are hired, retained and developed.
- Knowledge Processes: Creating, acquiring, sharing and applying relevant knowledge, and measuring and tracking profitability.
- Decision Rights: Ensuring the right people are in the right roles with the right authority to make decisions, and holding them accountable.
- Incentives: Rewarding people according to the value they create for the organization
When these dimensions are applied in an integrated, mutually reinforcing manner, they create continuous transformation and positive growth.