The use of solar power to achieve higher energy ratings and reach Nearly Zero Energy Building (NZEB) levels for commercial buildings is a topic of increasing interest to architects, owners and developers of new builds and external envelope refurbishments. Current regulations in Europe are driving the demand for more innovative building solutions, particularly advanced energy saving and energy generation technologies. In January 2019, an EU Directive came into force that aims to drive the large-scale deployment of Nearly Zero Energy Buildings (NZEB). The objective of this directive is to considerably lower the energy consumption of buildings while using to a significant extent renewable energy, including energy produced on-site or nearby.
Guardian has partnered with ML System S.A., a leading, well established company with more than 13 years’ experience in BIPV applications, to offer a complete range of BIPV product solutions, both semi-transparent and opaque, that help satisfy NZEB regulations.
Building-Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) is the integration of solar cells into the building envelope. Photovoltaic materials are used to replace conventional building materials in parts of the building envelope such as the roof, skylights, facades, canopies and spandrel glass. By simultaneously serving as building envelope material and power generator, BIPV systems may help reduce electricity costs, the use of fossil fuels and emission of ozone-depleting gases, as well as increase the value of the building.
Among the key benefits of BIPV is the contribution into transforming the building into a Nearly Zero Energy Building and helping to achieve the best green building certifications such as BREEAM and LEED. Guardian can help you find the right BIPV solutions for energy-generating façades, both in terms of power and aesthetics, together with the best solar control glass coatings from the Guardian SunGuard® range – all integrated in a way that makes them almost unnoticeable.
1. ML System has long expertise and a wide range of products for BIPV applications. Guardian together with ML System may offer an upfront advice, guidance and expertise on BIPV solutions (aesthetics, performance and integration to the building envelope) in addition to consultation about traditional façade areas.
2. Best performing BIPV glass (colour-neutral, reliable).
3. Fast response times and reactiveness to customer enquiries.
4. Tailored BIPV product solution to match your project requirement.
5. After sales support services available from ML System.